Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Roast - Brighton Bikes and Bits

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Madison, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Found these guys to be terrible to deal with.

I took in a mates old bike that hadn't been ridden in a few months, asked them to give me a quote on getting it up and running smoothly again (kawasaki zx2r).

Took about 6 weeks of me calling them to get the ball rolling, told them I could only afford $800-900 as I'm a first year apprentice and the bike isn't worth more than that anyway.

Took them a further 6 weeks to get the bike back to me, so 3 months in total. I am not sure of exact dates but they had it for just over 3 months. I had to call them every 2 weeks to see what was happening with it.

It came in at a cost of $880 (right at the top end of my budget, big surprise). I rode the bike home and it felt great. The next time I tried to go out on it though it would stall after a few minutes and not be able to start again.

I thought it seemed like the carbies were dirty, so they took it back and again it took 2-3 weeks for them to get back to me with what was wrong. I was told the needles were stuffed and needed replacing at a rough quote of $400 or so. They then got back to me with a proper quote of $1000. They had the bike for at least a month while they figured this out cos they picked it up on my RDO and still had it when my next RDO rolled around

If I had of known it was going to cost so much to get it up and going I never would have agreed in the first place, now I'm stuck with nearly $900 invested into a bike that doesn't go anywhere.

Not only that but the whole process has taken around 5 months or so. Will never deal with these guys again for as long as I live.