Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Roarin's birthday bounce

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Loz, Nov 19, 2006.

1. A big happy birthday to the fastest, maddest (and now sorest) old fart on two wheels!

Roarin celebrated his (ahem)th birthday in style today with a truly inspired fang through, around and perpendicular to the twisties, including off-road action, snow burnouts, back-ins, powerslides and culminating in a lovely pirouetting tumble down the road to Noojee at high speed from which he emerged bruised but unharmed. Katie the KTM held up brilliantly.

Either way, hope you had a good ride mate, you embody the spirit of the gleeful maniac motorcyclist more than anyone I know despite your advanced age and retreating hairline.

2. Happy birthday, Roarin - looks like you celebrated it in fine style!

:beer: :birthday: :beer:
  3. Geez Roarin, you kept that quiet didn't you?

Many, many happy returns for the year ahead.

What a way to spend your special day, huh?

:beer: :birthday: :dance: \:D/
  4. Gee man, why didnt some one say something?? we could have poked shit at him all day :) happy birthday bloke, hope the war wounds dont give you too much grief
  5. Happy birthday Roarin! Yep - you're a spirited nutter on that KTM - love it! Hope you heal without drama.
  6. Happy Birthday Andrew :beer:
  7. Happy Birthday :D
  8. Happy Birthday Roarin...not a mention of it all day you bugger.

Maybe some new leathers for your birthday would be good :grin:
  9. Happy Brithday Andy.... hope you had a top day

Cheers Stewy
  10. Happy Birthday for yesterday Andrew, you are indeed the maddest, but I for one wouldn't have you any other way. We need more rides and more of your incomparable ride reports!!!
  11. Happy Birthday Andrew. Hope you're not too sore today :)
  12. Hey Roarin...happy b'day mate.
    Ya decked it!...but at least it sounds like your hair was on fire when you did, eh :))
    Still got street cred, mate.. :grin: :grin:...and a few new "warrior" marks to point at now - heal well!~
  13. Happy birthday Roarin... what an effort to keep that low yesterday huh? But it showed you had fun a day w/ all the action on the KTM.

and thanks for helping me sort out my loose chains (w/c Loz described as flappin' like a nanna's *i*s) yesterday. :)

... will post some of your birthday action pics at the west gippy ride thread soon.
  14. Well I suppose it's safe to reply now -seeing that a whole week has gone by :LOL: :LOL: Yep, it was indeed an excellent day. Good company & riding bikes. What more could you want?
    I can also vouch for the effectiveness of cow skin in the event of a slide down the road. Not a scratch on me -only a small friction burn on my forearm. But it was all worth it for the fun in between :LOL: :LOL:

PS I am no longer a teenager. Thats if turning 40 disqualifies oneself from being one. Does acting like one still count? :oops:
  15. yep, a week has gone by..........must be about time for me to realize whats hapnin! (speed....huh! :LOL: ) Wellllll, um, happy birfday? nah, too late, I know you had a great day :grin:
  16. Growing old in mandatory, growing up is optional. :LOL: