Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by pot87, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

i own a 1980 Kawasaki Z250 road bike (cruiser) and it's been sitting in the shed for the past 3yrs and there is nothing wrong with the bike apart from the tacho cable not working (it has a cable but is missing the inside cable to make the needle turn) if that makes any sense to anyone. Now i heard that it doesn't matter if the taco doesn't work for a roadworthy. I was just wondering as i live on the Sunshine Coast Forest Glen area if someone knows a place to go to get the roadworthy done? also do you think i should fix the tacho first before going and getting the bike roadworthy and regesterd?.

2. It's 'tacho', mate - that's not a taco, this is a taco: ;)

It may not be required for a roadworthy, but if you want to sell the bike it makes sense to fix it. (And most people would say you don't have a cable you just have a cable sheath.) Shouldn't be all that expensive or difficult to do.

If you're pulling it out of the shed after 3 years you'll want to check the tyres and brakes are still OK. Others may have other suggestions.

In terms of getting a roadworthy, pretty much any local bike dealer that has a workshop can get the job done.
  3. oops i think i spelt tacho wrong..thats funny. Yeah well i've got the bike out a few times i've just changed the oil in it, i have to get the spark plugs changed, new brake fluid, tacho cable, thats pretty much it. The bike still runs but with the spark plugs it stalls quite abit.
  4. lol @ the taco
  5. Thanks Bravus..
    I haven't had lunch yet .. :wink: