Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by flexorcist, Sep 30, 2006.

1. What things render a bike unroadworthy?? like yes i'm sure no lights etc etc would do the trick.. but i.e chip in a car windscreen technically renders a car unroadworthy. on a bike would no windscreen, or cracked fairings get you a canary??? i'm sure there is a loooooooong list of things... but is there a sort of general condition that is expected to be left alone?? coppers see my bike and just feel sympathetic for me i thinks hehe... my brakes are good, my engine's good, just my fairings are very obviously... ahem, regretting smooching a bit of tar :grin:

2. easiest way to find out is ask a mechanic.
    i did read a thread about someone getting a defect for having cracked fairing so i guess it is possible.
    common sense says it would have to be hanging off or looking like it is going to fall off.
    who knows?

most important to me is the ability to go and stop, and that the bike's frame and wheels are sound (including tyres).