Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ACT Roadworthy questions

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by philmydang, Oct 18, 2011.

1. So i'm selling my bike on to a friend in ACT and I noticed that it's never had a numberplate reflector or white numberplate light. Was never an issue when I rego'd it in NSW, but now that it needs a roadworthy I'm wondering if that's going to be a problem.
    Should I just get some cheap leds and reflectors of ebay?
    Is booked in for inspection @ City Car Centre Braddon (which i've been told will take 1 hour?!). Would appreciate advice/suggestions.

2. I know people have definitely been knocked back for no reflector and number plate light. I'm not sure how thorough they are at City Car Centre, but they will definitely check that sort of stuff at the motor registry. Might be worth just getting a cheapo light and reflector to save any hassle as you suggested. Some places are strict on that stuff and some places are a little more relaxed, but I haven't had to get a bike inspected for a few years now so I don't know which ones are the relaxed ones.