Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Roadworthy Indicators - Do you understand the spec ??

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by egiste, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Well I was just about to mount my indicators and thought that I would check the official requirements before hand, but now Im just more confused.

This is the document: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/99931A9A-6DD7-4CDA-8C84-92B6622B47E4/0/VSI10.pdf

the page marked as 59 of the document (or page 64 in the reader) has the diagrams and description that are relevant.

The text mentions the width of the rear incators, but not the front. It just says that they must be cemetrical. However there is a diagram that shows a minimum width of 300mm to the inside of the lense, but the same diagram says a minimum of 100mm each from the centre line of the bike.

Which is it ?? 200mm or 300mm.

If its 200 mm then Im all set, otherwise I need to make up some brackes.
  2. Looks like it is saying the inner edges of the REAR indicators must be at least 240mm apart.... and the indicators cannot be mounted any more than 300mm forward from the rearmost part of the bike.... so you couldn't mount your rear indicators off your fuel tank say.
    The diagram shows that the FRONT indicators must be at least 300mm apart at the inner edges. Why it doesn't actually say that is anyones guess but thats what you get when they use ADRs from 50 years ago.
  3. Yeah, it is a bit strange, I figure I will set them at 300mm and assume that the 100mm each side is some sort of typo.

At least until I get the RWC anyway :wink: