Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Roads near the Goldcoast?

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by ward_4e, Oct 3, 2006.

1. hey people and more improtanly people living north of the NSW border... I have found a road but I want anyones imput if they have ridden it.

The first road loop is the Mt Nathan - to Lower Beachmont - Beach Mont to Witheren - to Calagriaba - Mt Nathan...

The second Loop is the Nerang to Pindari Hills to Neranwood and on to Robina the 99 road... with 6 switch backs? Oh my god I am going to have fun...

Anyone who Knows these roads could you please give me some input Thanks!!!
  2. Make sure you visit roads around advancetown, lots of fun
  3. Not 100% sure about the gold coast roads in particular, but cedar creek falls is a good ride, same with Natural Arch. If you hit Brisvegas give me a PM and we can go for a belt through the mountains :)
  4. You have a few choices
    - head up Springbrook, Gold Coast-Springbrook Rd this is a tight twisty rd which heads up the mountain, great view and a little cafe at the top. There are also a few little tourist shops. Good on a hot day as you travel through the rainforest and it often has a light mist and about 5deg cooler than on the coast. This is also a fairly short ride if you are pushed for time.
    - from there you can either go back down or meet up with Nerang Murwillumbah Rd, this is a pretty popular rd and can be ridden in either direction
    - head north towards Advancetown/Hinze Dam or south towards Murwillumbah and the natural bridge
    - from Nerang there are a couple of ways of getting to Mount Tamborine both of which are good but the better is Main Western Rd rather than Tamborine Oxenford Rd
    - From Tamborine Mountain you can also head towards Bris on Tamborine Mountain Rd- then Beaudesert-Beenliegh Rd or Waterford-Tamborine rd- this option isn't that well maintained and is where the Brisbane tourists come from so expect to get held up behind them
    - head out to Beudesert- from there head south towards Woodenbong- a few nice straights and you will be about the only out here- from Woodenbong head to Kyogle, you cross the border through a nice little rainforest and cut across a couple of paddocks so watch for cows.
    - Kyogle to Murwillumbah is a pretty good run, they have improved the rd fairly recently
    - about last of all is from Currumbin over Tomewin and into Murwillumbah, watch for fallen leaves and the change in the rd as you cross the border.

Hope this keeps you entertained for a couple of weekends.
  5. Lots of great mountain roads just west from the gold coast, also its easy to ride to the northern side of Brisbane (about 1.5 hr) to the hinterland ranges up there with lots more great bike roads or over the border into northern NSW where you have yet more popular bike roads! :grin:
  6. I discovered the hinterland for myself today. What a blast. So much so that I've added my ride and ward_4e's rides on motowhere.com.

You got to check it out. One of the coolest web toys for ages.
  7. Northern NSW roads