Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

roads around canberra

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by silverflash, Apr 7, 2007.

1. hi guys and girls

i'm a new road bike rider and i have just purchased a fjr1300 for my trip round OZ next year so i'm looking for all the riding experience i can get! the previous owner of this bike mentioned that the roads out around the cotter dam area where a good ride. Anyone know if this is right ans which roads he might be talking about??

2. Roads around Wamboin/Bungendore not too shabby either, and can recommend a run down to teh coast through Braidwood for a nice day trip.

Regards, Andrew.
  3. The roads he was talking about are the Cotter, Brindibella and Uriarra Roads. I'm sure others will know of others since I'm only relatively new to Canberra.
  4. Yeah I understand, just pointing out there's some nice stuff out this way too! :p

Regards, Andrew.
  5. Sorry Andrew, when I said "he" I meant the seller of the bike, not the OP.
  6. OIC! :oops:

Regards, Andrew.
  7. thanks guys. i'm actually going to head out thru braidwood to araluen. does anyone know if the road thru to majors creek and then captains flat is sealed?
  8. No idea. Let us know! :grin:

Regards, Andrew.

9. negative its sealed for possibly then first 30k then its dirt maybe you should have kept the dirt bike :LOL: well i'm pretty sure it is will ask the maker of all roads himself joel