Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Roadcraft reading

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by robbie55, Aug 11, 2008.

1. I remember a couple of books being mentioned about roadcraft skills on another thread a while ago, but can't seem to find it.

Was at Dymocks on the weekend and could only find "an Idiots Guide to Motorcylcing" it didn't seem too bad as it had everything to suit beginners as well as info on decreasing radius corners etc etc. but I wanted to see the other titles mentioned before buying anything.

If anyone knows what they are or can recommend some titles It would be good to hear. Primarily I would like something to suit a beginner through to intermediate.
  2. hi, try these
    might need to order on line. got mine from amazon.

Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well by David L. Hough

More Proficient Motorcycling: Mastering the Ride by David L. Hough

Stayin' Safe: The Art and Science of Riding Really Well by Lawrence Grodsky and Peter Tamblyn
  3. Yeah - I got Proficient Motorcycling from Amazon, shipped here for less than it costs to buy it at Borders or Dymocks. Excellent read, too.
  4. You could probably write your own book in the time it takes Amazon to ship anything. I bought a book from them 6 weeks ago and the ETA is "late September". A mate was looking at buying a keyboard from them, and estimated shipping time was 5 - 8 months.

Bloody hopeless.
  5. Did you check whether the book was in stock when you ordered it? I've been buying stuff from amazon for years and haven't had that kind of delay except when the product was out of stock. My copy of Proficient Motorcycling came in less than two weeks, standard shipping. (I've just ordered the sequel too.)