Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Road worthy Victoria

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by Positivity, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there are any licensed rwc mechanics out there for Victoria or someone who has in depth knowledge could let me know if these are all necessary repairs to the bike?

wheels and tyres - if there are cracks in the tyres, do they need to be replaced? or can they just be patched up?

steering, suspensions and braking systems - does this include bent brake and clutch level? they are still working fine, just bent. Would the handlebar have to be replaced too?

lights and reflectors - if an indicator is attached using tape and secured to the bike, is this acceptable or will it need to be changed?

other safety related items on the body, chassis or engine. - if the fairing is cracked and sticking out, does anything need to be done to it?

Sorry for all the questions, I am only recently began starting to learn to maintain a bike and don't have much knowledge when it comes to these changes. Any assistance will be appreciated.

2. yes
    and yes
    would you want other people on the road in or on unroadworthy vehicles?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hi Greg,

Not at all, thanks for the affirmative.

4. Hey bud,

Back in the day you used to be able to get a dodgy RWC. But nowadays mechanics get audited on the RWC they give out, hence they are pretty strict. So if your tyre has a crack in it it wont pass, same with the levers/indicator. I hit a kangaroo (dented my door and quarter) in my car on Saturday night and got pulled over by the police on the way home and was warned to take my car off the road immediately or they'd give me a canary. So your fairing wont pass. Even if your vehicle is near new they will still pull you up for something, but don't be disheartened : )

This is what they check for:
    • wheels and tyres
    • steering, suspensions and braking systems
    • brake performance
    • seats
    • lights and reflectors
    • windscreen
    • vehicle structure
    • other safety related items on the body, chassis or engine.
  5. Thanks Mate,

yea, I figured the rwc policy has been changed, just wanted confirmation. Much appreciated!

• Like Like x 1