Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Road Works: Melbourne Lancefield Road. Closed to Motorbikes?

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' at netrider.net.au started by DisgruntledDog, May 23, 2011.

1. I was riding home tonight and the cops told me that a couple of motorcyclists had come a cropper because of the huge ruts in the road due to road works just north of the Bolinda Brige. Had to go via Riddels Creek.

2. They've been working in that section of road for ages: I had to get VicRoads to clear the loose gravel on the Sutherlands Road turn off two weeks ago when it was too loose to ride on. I haven't heard of any offs recently, but I wouldn't be surprised :(

3. wasn't me, and thats the first I heard of it.

The whole road is disgraceful, and that bit on sutherlands road between the bridge and the first turn off :eek: ... Might be time to write another letter.

4. I rode to work yesterday morning over the road works. They were putting quite a bit of road base on the north bound lane when I was going past. Maybe they didn't get a chance to compact it enough.

I've got to plan my route into the city this morning. Probably try to get through.

I ride back and forth to work everyday on that road and yes it is a disgrace.