Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Road Works In My Area

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by ChArMs, May 19, 2007.

1. Heya people's for over a week or so now they have been doing road works in my street laying down new road they dug the ground then laid new mixed what ever it is rock,sand,cement ? then they put tar down with rocks over it during the passed few days idiots come around tearing up the road!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: what is wrong with people!! they have had to come out and put some more tar down but now have mucked it up again they still need to put the final layer on !!!

i don't know it just shits me that people are careless and have no respect!!......

2. that would be a primerseal.
    they remove the existing road in its entirety, and replace the roadbase.
    the seal treatment is a temporary treatment that is done to stabilize the top 14-20mm of roadbase in order to accept the final treatment.
    a primerseal is sprayed with 10-15% cutter oil (kero) in the bitumen to increase its viscosity to promote penetration in to the pavement.
    these seals are always very tender for quite some time, and people always do wheelies in them :roll:
    what this does is makes the council come out and jetpatch it, which means MORE loose stones for longer.
    you can expect to wait at least 12mths until the final treatment is done, as that is AAPA specs for ReSealing a Primerseal.

the ideal option to stabilize the base is to use 50/50 (bitumen/kero) with no stones and not let traffic on the road until the final treatment is applied :shock: .....but you cant just close a street, can you ;)