Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Road user courtesy

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by aaace, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Today on my usual commute to work I noticed two acts of courtesy towards me. Most of the trip is double lane and I usually cruise with gst in the right hand lane. I tend to get the usual speed limit sittings cruising in the right lane and generally takes them a few minutes of me sitting behind them to decide to actually actively look to move over to the left lane.

But today I noticed an occurrence of the drivers actually doing this before I was directly behind them and both happened to be QLD plated drivers.

So this has triggered the question, is riding in QLD a nicer experience as more respect is shown towards bikes or was this just pot luck and just my lucky commute?
  2. I think you'll find that the most intelligent Qld-ers are the ones leaving.

3. Just lucky. QLD drivers are by far the worst I have ever encountered when it comes to keeping left.
  4. Cruise with GST. I like it. Im going to use that from now on.
    Totally agree that QLD drivers are morons, i deal with them every day. Also safe from that generalisation, as i spend 7 years driving in NSW and 1 so far up here :D.
    QLD numberplate and licence come with a piece of paper that says you are allowed to forget the road rules and all roadcraft skills.
  5. We can send you some victorian drivers?
  6. Two is not really statistically representative.
  7. Intelligent Queenslanders?? Isn't that an oxymoron.
  8. Every time a Queenslander moves to NSW the average IQ of both states drops.
  9. I hear that indicators are optional in cars sold and driven in QLD. Hahaha
  10. Pfft, GST... you need to use FBT.... now thats a real tax...:)