Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Road tyres

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by drewcarey, Apr 11, 2008.

1. In an effort to make my KLX300 a little more commuter friendly I'd like to get a second set of rims with road tyres on them for when I ride it to work (once or twice a week is the plan).

I'm not interested in a crazy super motard conversion or anything like that, just looking into the feasability of being able to change to street tyres instead of chewing out the nobbies.

Anyone here done it? Did you get a second set of disks and rear sprocket too or do you swap them when you swap wheels? Do they make road tyres to fit standard dirt size rims or will I be looking at an aftermarket rim? If possible I want to keep the same size wheels so the speedo will be accurate.

Thanks for your help guys

2. You can buy road tyres to fit dirt size rims. Try a wreckers for your extra wheels, likely to be expensive though.