Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Road Speed/Signage Changes Gone Made In The Name Of Safety!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by joetdm, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Thought I'd post a few pics of confusing/contradicting signs that our taxes pay for in the name of Safety..

This is a 2k stretch of Churchill Park Drive in Lysterfield Sth, VIC.
    It's always been a 60kph zone but they've put in slow points/speed humps at 30kph right next to the 60kph signs in at least two spots.
    But the last two pics are the most ridiculous with 60 painted on the road right on the 30kph slow point...
    I feel locals having a whinge may have had a lot to do with this...](*,)

So is it 60 or 30??

Thought others who find pics of political road madness could also use this thread as I'm sure Aus wide, should be some crazy examples like different speed zones depending on which way you're going...
    This can become intersting!

2. The yellow signs are only advisory, it's 60.

There's been threads in the past with advisory signs over the posted speed limits, that's pretty stupid.
  3. That is true but the whole thing's quite confusing to many.

Do a driving test and traffic or not, don't go through at the advisory speeds and you've gone a long way to failing your test.
  4. It's 60, with jumps installed :grin:
  5. I'd be suprised if it was.
  6. advisory's are not enforceable as they are just that, a recommendation.
  7. I wouldn't be so much surprised as scared that there are drivers/riders out there who don't know the difference between a speed advisory sign and a speed limit sign.

Actually, I thought this was about the NSW Liberals election promise to remove confusing speed limit changes on roads.
  8. It’s not efficient to have the signs so close. Other than that I can’t see a problem.

International drivers obviously struggle with the yellows (ie on the GOR) but in residential areas they’re pretty handy. Especially at night when you might not spot a ‘slow point’ right away and fly off your seat on a speed bump.
  9. What is of concern is the amount of extra roadside 'furniture' there is to crash into.