Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Road rage killer appeal lost

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by incitatus, Sep 27, 2005.

1. September 27, 2005

"A MELBOURNE man who shot dead a L-plate motorcyclist in a road rage murder has lost an appeal against his 20 year jail term.
    Thomas Ivanovic, 30, was jailed in 2003 after a confrontation outside his suburban Brunswick home in which he fatally shot 38-year-old Ivan Conabere with an unregistered pistol.

Ivanovic had appealed against his murder conviction and the severity of his sentence - which includes a 15-year non-parole period - but this was rejected today by Victoria's Court of Appeal.

Judges Geoffrey Eames, Geoffrey Nettle and Elizabeth Hollingworth rejected legal argument that Ivanovic's trial judge gave an "unbalanced and unfair" summary to his jury, and that he erred in law"
  2. I had no idea Brunswickians were so violent :eek:
  3. Nope they can be......first year at uni...two weeks after moving to the city from the country and into a Brunswick hostel. Two blocks down the road a husband losses it and be-heads his wife with a meat cleaver. :shock:
  4. Not all of us are....

There was a drug-related murder at the end of my street just after we moved in five years ago, and my SO was mugged at the railway station....

OTOH kids play footy and cricket quite safely in my street.

It used to be a pretty rough neighbourhood when I first started teaching at Brunswick Tech (about the time my bike was being built) but it's been gentrified a bit since then.
  5. that's just too many ivan's! :shock:
  6. It's had a colourful past. :wink:
  7. may he rot in jail for the rest of his life ...................fcuking scumbag
    hope bubba makes him his jail house bride
  8. Was that the case where the assailant's home security video footage was used as evidence?
  9. You toucha my bike, you finda out, for sure! :wink:
  10. if you steal my bike you will wanna hope you die on it , because i will make sure you do
  11. So someone who kills someone else in a road rage incident (of which we don't seem to know the basis) deserves to rot in gaol, but you would feel justified in murdering someone who took your bike.

There's some pretty fine distinctions to be explored here. (Unless of course it's just big bad bikie bravado)

12. [Freud] So is your bike that integral to your identity, or are you just looking for an excuse to kill someone (anyone)? :? [/Freud]
  13. someone who kills someone over a traffic altercation in cold blood because he was cut off , or what ever doesnt deserve to be in the community.

someone whole steals other peoples possessions doesnt deserve to be in the community .

as far as stealing my possessions , i will make sure they dont walk out of court with a slap on the wrist, they will remember me for the rest of there living lives ( or however short that muight be)

i dont give a rats whether you think its right or wrong thats my view and thats will be the consiquences for anyone who steals my bike .
  14. Hey - you runna down us peaceable Brunsawickans and I smasha your face! :evil:
  15. So.. you would kill someone who stole your bike.
    But you wouldn't kill someone who deliberately tried to run you down. (You did say "or whatever" )

It may be important to you to keep up the tough bikie image, but when you strut your bravado around here it just makes you look silly.
  16. moike
    you can bait and try and make an issue out of it from your ivory tower , and its got nothing to do with image or bravado.
    I work hard and sacrafice a lot to get the things I have they may not be 50,000 bikes etc , but no bastard is going to take them from me or my family and think they will walk away without any repercussions.

like it or lump t i dont really give a crap whether you think thats the way it is .

if you think i am joking , you are quiet welcome to come around and try and see how far out the driveway you get.
  17. Not worth the effort Glen...

We'll wait till you've got one worth stealing...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

<ducks and runs for cover>
  18. I still have to pay this one off so you will be waiting a long time tony :D
  19. Choose your own response, I can't decide

#1. <looks around> nope! no ivory here! (you can't get it into the country these days)

#2. Why on earth would I want to try to steal a Honda?

#3. Yeah whatever....

#4. Carry on... I suppose your bluster is mostly harmless anyway.
  20. you forgot number 5
    # I havent got the courage to see if you are serious or not