Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Road rage ending with an Oops.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by gegvasco, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Was out riding through back roads of Five Dock in Sydney the other night. Approaching a Form 1 lane section, this woman comes screaming up the left side of the rest of us who were patiently merging and given I had more room than anyone beside me, she forced her way in next to me. So be it. Standard for Sydney. So I back off to let her in, but then this woman proceeds to hang her arm out the window spraying cigarette ash and embers all over me. Before I can back off she has thrown the still burning butt out as well which narrowly misses me. That was it. I could feel the heat of the embers as they flew up under my helmet so I succombed to some grobert-esque road rage and pulled up alongside her at the lights. Started yelling through her window before I had even looked towards her and gave her a full serve with multiple expletives. As I look inside, I see two wide-eyed young kids in the backseat. Oops. Maybe I shouldn't have used such colourful language. She said sorry and I split to the front to get away. Not my finest hour.

2. Who cares about there kids. Sounds like they're already messed up if their mum smokes in the car with them in it. And she tosses a lit butt out the window.

You should have taken her mirror as keep sake :grin:
  3. Maybe. But I don't want to contribute to it. I wouldn't swear and scream in front of young kids in any normal social situation.
  4. mehhh, someone chucked something on fire at you i think it's fair enough to have a good yell. don't lose sleep mate :)

..there is always that litter bugs reporting thing if you want non aggressive revenge, $200 fine would make any smoker think twice before throwing a lit butt out the window.
  5. Fair enough, but the last time in a social situation someone through a lit butt at me i tried to kill them.

But i see where you are coming from, i'm just saying you shouldn't feel bad about mouthing off at the woman for obviously being an arrogant ****.
  6. Well, I guess she learned a lesson: motorcyclists are scary foul-mouthed ruffians! :LOL: :p :LOL:

I haven't copped the ciggie-in-the-face trick yet, but I think I'd be wanting to have a brief chat with the culprit too. :evil:
  7. Look at it this way, someone who imposes passive smoking on her own children needs to be yelled at anyway.. :evil:

And for the little grommits in the back, learning that their mum is a wanker is fait accompli anyway !!! :p
  8. Gevasco, have to say I am in agreement with everyone else. If she didn't want to expose the children to the wrath of other road users and possible bad words, she shouldn't drive as you described and she shouldn't wave her cigarette around outside an open window and then chuck the butt out. Seems like she is setting a fine example to the kids - NOT, they probably hear language such as you used all the time. You did the right thing - don't fret.
  9. I would have torn off the mirror threw it thru the window and told he to smoke that. adfter I kicked the shite outa her door :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

or pulled up beside her and spat in her window. :mad: :mad: :mad:

advantage of an open face helmet :wink: :wink: :wink:

I hate smokers who butt out the window if you hadnt guessed
  10. dont see what u did was wrong... its bad enough cutting u off but smoking in the car is totally wrong..
  11. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Bikie

She would think twice next time after going through that kind of experience with you
  12. Bikie :?: I am in total agreement with Gevasco having a go, I think I said that. He shouldn't feel bad about it. I would have no problem with your take on it either - your approach might actually leave a lasting impression. LOL She probably hears bad language every time she uses the road. What she did put Gevasco in danger, which is unforgivable. Out in the country she could start a bushfire with that kind of stunt. That woman deserves to be educated on her behaviour and if it impacts her kids that is bad luck as far as I am concerned she has brought it on herself and them.
  13. yes i totally agree :grin:
  14. 748girl, no arguments with you take either, I have been hit with

any sort of projectile from any cage will get treatment from me, because it is dangerous, and down right frigging stupid on there behalf

15. Bikie, I am not sure what would be worse, the bottles, or the nappies - that is truly f&*ked. Words fail me on that one. To date, I have only had the odd cigarette butt chucked at me and fortunately I ducked them and oh, yes an esky full of ice dumped out of the window of a beaten up Holden fifty feet in front of me on the Westgate at about 1.00am. They cut me off and then chucked the ice - thought it was funny I suspose. Being tired, alone and a girl I didn't pursue them. I just managed to get through the ice and slowed down to let them go. I might be tall but I am not very big. Besides there were five of them crammed into the car and I'm not that stupid. I took their number and reported them instead. Probably nothing got done but it was my only option.
  16. next time just PM it to me not what you know but who :wink: :grin:
  17. Thanks, is good to know, shall remember. Nowdays am luckier have Husband who is not adverse to breaking a few mirrors and dinting a few panels himself, he fortunately hasn't had to thump anyone lately - but has been known to do so. But a little bit of extra help never goes astray. :)
  18. :grin: :grin: :grin: I meant in the right offices of government :p :p :p :p

but hey Im not impartial to that either :wink: :grin: :p
  19. Of course, its always very useful having those government contacts :LOL: :LOL:
  20. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: