Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Road Forty Eight

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by nibor, Dec 15, 2007.

1. has anyone ever ridden it?
    know if its dirt, or made, or what?
    i was browsing google earth, as you do, and thought it looked mighty fun depending on conditions :grin:

2. looks like it's sealed if you zoom in as far as you can... it does look like fun though :twisted:
  3. Rob,

Unfortunately that road is a closed fire access road. At the beginning it is defiantely dirt, but there is a big locked gate at the start.

Tim & I know as we rode there and found the road.
  4. pffft. ever heard of riding around the gate? :p
    yeah it looks to be dirt at one end, cant see much with the other.
    ginji, look at other roads though, a sealed road looks light greyish, this seems to have a black strip, barely wide as a single lane though :? almost like a fat arse pipeline. with dirt next to it i think.
    im just really curious :grin:
    what got you and Tim riding there, Cambo? as bored as me? :p
  5. Rob,

Tim & I were planning on going for a ride and Tim found that "road" on Goolge Earth, so we decided we would go and have a look.

The gate would have been impossible to get around and had keep out signs plastered all over it.

We also then thought that if there was a road around like that which was rideable, everybody would be riding it.