Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Road assistance

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by giga, Oct 18, 2009.

  1. What Motorbike road assistance service can we buy or call , eg. flat battery , out of fuel on road , tow , etc ?

  2.  Top
  3. BMW have their own as well and it is very reasonably priced.

    For others NRMA do also cover bikes but from the one callout I had with them it seems they just use the same service people as for cars and they dont have much bike specific knowledge ... good enough for something simple like a flat battery or you get taken to a repairer.
  4.  Top
  5. E-bike insurance offered free roadside assist with their policies when I was with them a few years back - not sure if they still do.
  6. Just used NRMA to come jump my bike. Turned the ignition one step past lock and left it in parking light mode, drained the battery over the course of the day. Being efi, no power means no fuel pump which means no push starting.

    Felt like a complete numpty.

    $250 to come out and do it, including a year's cover. So you could decide to not pay anything up until you actually need it.
  7. $250? My policy is $162.50 per annum so they slugged you a $90 odd callout fee because you joined when you broke down. Not good value waiting in my books, just join as you don't know when you may need it.
  8.  Top