Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RM125 '99 model gear lever

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Rented, Aug 6, 2010.

1. I initially posted this in the wrong forum.

Looking for a gear lever for this bike, a mate rang a few shops around the country and has had no luck.

Does anyone know where we might try, preferably someone with it in stock? Not worried where they are as the shops in Darwin can't even order the right bits anyway.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
  2. That's one rare ride you have got and I think that this is th reason that you are finding it difficult to find the gear lever. I must say finding this would be a difficult task, I would suggest you to check for the sites that are more into dealing the parts of the older bikes as you would have better chances there.
  3. im surprised you cant get one as a genuine part from suzuki. you can still buy brand new genuine suzuki parts for 1979 rm's, so 1999 rms should be sweet.
  4. Well you're right, you can. We're pretty sure there are other RMs in Darwin and the same part didn't change on the RMs for ages, like a decade.

Let's just say that ordering parts from a shop in Aus seems to be ridiculously expensive, takes a ridiculous amount of time, and half the time they get it wrong.

We can get cheaper and faster and more accurate from the Netherlands, but we'd rather not unless we have to.

5. have you checked out Ballards yet? they may be able to get one on fairly cheap..