Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RJays Top Box 2010 - Suitable, anything better?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Insan3, Jun 27, 2007.

1. http://www.mcas.com.au/_product.php?section=1&prodid=5196

I'm looking at something like this for my GS500. Handy to carry things like wallet, keys, sunnies, first aid, etc. due to the *non-existent* underseat storage. Plus on the long runs, I can take a packed lunch and some drinks :)

Has anyone got something like this, and how do they stack up? $120 seems like a pretty good price for something that is sturdy and would handle a bit of rain spray - essential up here!
    Plus - my girlfriend likes the look of it, would give her a nice backrest on the longer rides as well instead of being lumped with a backpack :)

Thanks all!

2. But does it take a helmet?
  3. I don't know if it does - planning on going to a dealer here to see on in the flesh. Not a real big issue though - although, I guess as long as it is secure and lockable, it would be nice to put my helmet in, and not have to carry it everywhere. I hadn't really planned on using it for helmet storage - just for everything else.
  4. They look alright and much much cheaper than Givi etc.
    I am thinking of getting 1 for the 14