Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RJays Thermals

Discussion in 'Pants' started by Big W, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Bought a pair of long johns a few weeks back & I thought I'd give a little feedback.

Material is strong & they truely are 'thermal'. Pretty good wind resistance & I've only worn them mostly with suit pants on the way to/from work so they've had to work hard.

Not a lot of give in the fabric so get the right size & not the size you think you are!

They are comfortable and non irritating. Very hard though to pevent them from slipping down though. Like I said, there's not a lot of elastic to hold them up so they can fall & bunch up around yer lower-ass if not properly hitched! You need to hoik 'em up where you do up you jeans so this holds them in place better.

Reasonably loose around the knee for the bend.

Only complaint is that they seem to be falling apart! Especially around the top waistband. A couple of other seams here & there are also coming apart. Considering the high price paid ($40-odd just for the long johns) you'd thing they'd be darn near bullet proof!

I also have a pair of 'regular' thermals from Katmandu & in comparison, the RJays are better only because they are warmer. At least the Katmandu's stay up!