Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rizoma bar ends with Rizoma bar (Help)

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Yes, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I just picked up a set of the Rizoma bar ends (MA5068) and a Rizoma tapered bar (MA0058) for my 2012 Street Triple R.

Here is a pic of the bar ends waiting to go into the bar:

I was wondering if anyone else had this set up and if so, which of the rubber inserts you used in the Rizoma bar? There are three of them, one small which fits loosely in the bar, the medium which looks like it wants to fit but is ever so slightly too large (would fit with force or slight modification), or the biggest one - which is not even an option, so we can forget that one.

Also, anyone who has these exact bar ends - did you use the washer and the tooth washer on the end?

Any info on your install would be great...
  2. I too was a bit stumped when I did mine but from memory I tightened the end fixing to see exactly how the mechanism works before I installed them. The rubber that fits into the bar is the one to go for.

It's surprising how much it expands when tightened.
  3. Thanks, Rob.

It is funny the differing views on this - I just contacted the supplier and they recommend forcing the medium insert into the bar. They say that doing so will give a 'tighter' fit overall - since you are starting from a tight fit originally. The issue I have is getting the blasted thing in there to begin with ](*,)

I was thinking of leaving it out in the sun to soften and trying again. Or I may just go back to the small sleeve and tighten, tighten, tighten.
  4. I'm reasonably sure that I didn't force anything and I haven't had any problems so far.
  5. Hope this doesn't count as GD dumping but I'm trying to reach the widest possible audience.

As related Sac Longchamp Pas Cher ,Stretch McBokbok, the Netrider rubber chicken should, by the time of posting, be entering South Australia. Any NRs in Sac longchamp soldes SA or western Vic who might be able to meet up with the current custodians, please check out the linked thread and PM me if interested.