Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Risk your bike in the rain.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Zealt, Jun 12, 2008.

1. I was thinking about what bike I'm going to upgrade to today and while I was thinking about it it started to spit (the clouds not the bike), so i thought I'd ask you guys.

Does anyone have a bike they use for the wet weather? something that you ride when there is more risk of having stupid cagers sliding in to you or you slipping over on a oil slick.... :?:

Maybe its worth keeping the 250 even if its just to keep the nicer bike nicer longer...
  2. HTFU,
    I like many others here ride in all weather, so join the rest of us.
    You've ridden your 250 in the wet, yes?
    There's no big deal about the wet is there?
  3. Oh tell him what you really mean Jaf :LOL:
  4. Re: Risk you bike in the rain.

Here's your upgrade all picked out for you. You can thank me later.

5. :LOL: :LOL:
    Stop being a pussy and get out there FFS :roll:
  6. I agree with the 'ride in all weather' comments, but the question was more 'what bike?' You could do as you say and hang onto the twifty as a bad conditions backup, but the other option is to make your upgrade a motard. Works really well in the wet (particularly if you have some dirtbike experience), resistant to being dropped, etc.
  7. I dont know about others, but;

I have 1 bike for sunny days;
    I have 1 bike for wet days;
    I have 1 bike in case it might rain;
    I have 1 bike for track days;
    I have 1 bike for the end of days

I wish I had that many bikes. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  8. :WStupid: though you missed both tourer and dirt bike action aswell :wink:
  9. I do. 's called a Tiger 1050, mate. :LOL:
  10. Dude, what you need is one of these!

taken from the Jokes section of Netrider.
  11. ....beat me too it peaches
  12. I ride in the rain. Once you learn to make changes while holding the umbrella its no big deal.

13. Aprilia Tuono FTW!
  14. Shhh stop posting that! I didn't repost it yet again for a good reason - post it too many times and we're going to see some idiots actually buying it and riding around with it...! Arrrghhhh....
  15. Can you imagine that thing in a crosswind? **jibblies**
  16. ...it kinda grows on you dosent it...noooo

17. Wait.. someone read what i said... i think i saw a post with someone telling about their bikes....

I ride in the rain.. its faster then walking anyway, and people look at you funny if you walk around in the rain with full wets on.

Id like a Gixxer and im sure for at least a year im gonna be really protective of if (like getting it wet and muddy) so think i'll keep the GPX for sliding around in the wet and practicing my stunting on. :wink:
  18. :LOL:
  19. like this?
  20. That's cheating. You must hold it yourself.