Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riser plates for footpegs

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Superunknown, Mar 12, 2008.

1. I’ve got myself an SV650. It’s the naked model and although the riding position is sportier than my Hyo was, I think I want a more aggressive position. Has anyone done this or does anyone have and advice to dispense? I’ve done some research and there are a few different options.

With the pegs the easiest option would be to leave them stock however with lower bars I think this would be less than ideal, but if anyone has tried it and has any experience I’m keen to hear it.
    Otherwise I can buy proper rear sets which go for about $300 minimum as far as I can tell (plus I need to get the brake switches to make it street legal).
    Thirdly I could go for riser plates which result in a similar peg position as the rear sets using the stock pegs and shifter (there is a gear shifter extending link). Could there be any problems using these? My main concern would be the gear shifting link being slightly the wrong length/angle and wearing out some component in the gearbox.

Handlebars I’m keen on the Suburbian machinery type 1 bars, or failing that clubmans or something. However, I’m afraid the clubmans will be too aggressive. I just want something lower but with the same sweep back as the stock bars or clipons. Not drag bars or renthals which look like they open out your arms like a parachute.

2. Mate with the old one inch up and back is the standard for the style cafe racer.

had a look at the product and thanks for the link they look pretty good at 50 bucks us with our exchangerate its pretty good value.

nope mate they would not cause a problem to your gear box and the way they have made the plates its exactely like i have made before and the shaft extender is good

Mate that is a find and a half cause a flash set of rear sets as you said will cost you 300 bucks easy
  3. svrider.com

Should have answers
  4. You might be able to get (from the UK perhaps) what are referred to as Jota bars. These allow considerable adjustability of riding position from sports to touring.