Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RIP young Jono

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by tonee, Apr 18, 2011.

1. I was just informed sad news about a riding buddy of mine.

Apparently he lost control and collided into a wire railing
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...r-losing-control/story-fn7x8me2-1226040610902

He was a very nice and gentle young man who surprises me with his poor knowledge sense of direction around town. All we knew was his way around the western suburbs and to school, then he gradually got used to the route to the Diner in North Melbourne.

He had attended some Tuesday night rides with me for those remember he was the young fellah with dark hair on the Red/white 08 R6.

Farewell my friend, I'll miss riding with you

2. Sorry to hear that mate, Condolences to all that knew him, any idea how he lost control?

3. Condolences!

4. very sad condolences

5. My thoughts to family and friends.

This is not the place to say it but I am very against those wire barriers.

6. Condolences to all who knew the rider, another brother lost. May he ride on forever!

The poster Motorcyclist by Choice is a ****ing wanker... waaay to many assumptions made. Hang up your helmet now, your beige cardigan and lobotomy awaits.](*,)

7. ah, anonymity brings out the hero in all of us.

ps: I hate how matter of fact those articles are written.

8.  Top
  9. many condolences to all his friends and family.

10. Condolences to yourself and his other friends and family.

Never good to lose anyone - let alone a friend and fellow rider.

11. I was shocked and overwhelmed when I got a call this morning about Jonny, I had only just ridden with him on Friday.
    He got me into motorcycling as he made me get my motorbike license after much poking and prodding. Hard coming to terms with losing a great friend.

Farewell mate.

12. Very sad. It's the right way to go but the wrong time. He should've done it at 101 years old.

13. Not good to hear. Sorry for your loss.

14. The Hun didn't print my response to that scum suckers comments.

RIP bud.

15. Really really sorry for you dude. Many people talk to us about what could happen to us, they totally forget what it means to us to lose somebody we care about.

16. Heavy! Condolences to all friends and family.

RIP Jonno

17. Sorry to hear this Tony, hope you're alright!

18. I feel awful about this. My friends and I were riding past as the ambulance was on its way up the hill towards him. I'd made a post in the VIC events forums asking if he was ok. We had no idea. I'm very very sorry to see he did not make it. :(

Many condolences to his family and friends. :( May he never be forgotten

19. I went down on the same stretch of road today, spent 8 hours in Emergency with a suspected broken neck. I'm done riding for a few months, i feel my chances are running out very quickly. Nothing foolish, just a rookie mistake that could have cost me my life, sounds very similar to the poor bastard reported by the OP.

Ironically i posted an RIP status on my Facebook when i read about this in the Herald Sun yesterday, and then i crash on the same road today. Eeeeery shit.

Condolences to all close to him, im still shaken from today. I could have joined him.

20. Maetrik yikes!!!
    RIP and condolences to the young rider and his family and friends