Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RIP Svengalie

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Snowman, Feb 7, 2012.

1. For those of you who keep up with motorcycle vloggers on Youtube, Svengalie (Steve) passed away a few days ago.

If your unfamiliar with his videos here's his channel:

Very sad, I used to watch his videos back when I was on my L's :(
  2. This makes me sad, I enjoyed his videos. I was wondering why M13 was advertising Svens old tapes.

I had no idea he was even depressed.
  3. Yeah he always seemed like such a happy guy, but in one of his videos he mentioned his wife ran off with his best friend which would be tough for anyone i guess.
  4. She supposedly then cut his access to his kids to nothing as well. Poor guy. I really enjoyed a few of those vids over the years too.
  5. ^ & ^^ That's so sad, and so common! Job or family, the two biggest reasons men suicide (alongside mental illness). A segment of the medical industry often suggest that suicides are always a consequence of a medical mental illness (such as 'depression' psychiatrically defined), but all too often its not - it's grief at the loss of something that gave life its meaning, combined with a blinkered despair. Perhaps that was the case with him, perhaps not. Either way it's a real shame.
  6. RIP,

7. Never really watched much of his vids.

Though that doesn't mean I'm not paying my respect.