Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RIP "Rattletrap", welcome "Brutto"

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by lil, May 21, 2008.

1. After some arsehole stole my bike while we were moving a month or so ago, it seems she has gone to never be seen again :evil: :evil: :evil: :( :( :(

This is us at the track some years ago....we had an extremely happy 5 and a half years together with almost 110,000kms under our belts and no serious issues.

IMG.

(I'm sorry mods....I have no idea how to resize the picture :oops: :oops: )

So, I've had no bike and just as we moved in motorcycling heaven territory, too :evil: :evil: Being the practical pair we are, Jay and I have spoken about replacements and decided that a commuter was what we needed.

Last night, Jay came home on an '06 Kawasaki ( :shock: :-# ) KLR650 with 6000kms on it. I've just decided on Brutto as the name (Italian for ugly :LOL: ), as she ain't pretty :wink: , but handles and goes better than I thought it would. I just have to get used to it...Iam only just flat foot on the ground!!! It's a tall bike :woot:

21503_0_1_2_klr%20650_Image%20credits%20-%20Kawasaki.

2. yep a face only a mother could love :LOL: you better come on the next tour now :wink:

congrats on the new purchase :)

3. +1 looks real perty ;) ...

And seeing as Jay cant come on any tours, you've gotta take his whining place ;) :p

4. Wow, that's an interesting sidestep. I hope you get as much out of this bike as you did from the last. :)

5. lil - so sorry to hear that the Duc was pinched, that's horrible! Bastards, I really really hate people that touch other people stuff, let alone a bike !

Hope you're happy with the runt you chose to replace it, looks like am interesting ride to say the least !

6. I see you're feeling feeling ambiguous about whether Brutto is 'she' or 'it', I'm sure you'll come to love her, unless you can't get over its looks! :)

7. Nice! I was looking at these as well but settled on a DR650.

Ugly yes, but can be made to look a bit better

[​IMG]

8. Kewl bike, lil! Thumbs up for getting a tall one too! :)

9. Nice dual purpose bikes the KLR650, congrats on the new beast.

I've been considering getting one of the new ones for my stable too (also considering a DR650).

Have a look at http://www.klr650.net/ and you'll find a heap of useful information about them.

About the only common fault is that the so called 'Doohicky' can fail. Do a search on that and keep an eye on it and you'll be fine though. There is a guy in the US that makes replacements that fix the problem too (not terribly expensive either). It won't be an issue at 6000kms though.

And adventure riders have a whole new slanguage... with words like farkle and farkling to learn!

Enjoy the new bike :)

10. Head over here & have a look around lil http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Everything you would ever want to know -& a whole lot that you don't want to, about the humble KLR :grin: :grin:

Oh -and by the way, welcome to the dirty bike club hehe.

11. Jeez Lil, I didn't know you'd had the Ducati nicked - and after so long together, too! :evil:

[​IMG]

But I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with the new beastie! :LOL:

12. Congrats Lil, but how did the wee man ride it home if you can barely flat foot it?

13. I was thinking exactly the same thing, nee :LOL:

14. At least you can be sure that no one will steal this one! :LOL:

15. Congrats on the fugly purchase
    A face only a mother could love, but still a good ride!

16. He has one foot completely off the ground and teeters til he's moving :shock:

We had to go to Dandenong two-up on it yesterday morning to pick his bike up. I went pillion and that worked well 'cos I can put my feet on the ground for him as extra stabilisers :wink: :LOL:

I joined KLR650.net yesterday while I was googling for a service manual for it (can't find one anywhere, so if someone can point me in the right direction, I'd much appreciate it! :wink: ).

With State Forest all around us now, I'm looking forward to exploring more of the roads that the car can't do around here :grin:

300kms 'til we hit reserve yesterday, 100 of those with it working hard as it dragged a pair of bums through the Spur :wink: I think it'll be a great commuter and allow us an introduction to dirt as well :grin:

17. Just picturing that in my head..

:LOL: @ the sight

Hey Lil, was the Ducati the same bike that got burnt up months ago?

18. Ooooh, the Ducati is gone? :cry: What a shame. It wasn't a rattle trap, once it got some loving at Zagame.

Now mine is a rattle trap. It just takes time with a Ducati dry clutch! :LOL:

19. no

20. ermmmm....I have no idea what you're talking about MG. Mine went missing a month ago....