Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RIP Paul Newman.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Caz V1, Sep 28, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

2. One of the true greats.
    I'll especially miss his sauces :)

His passion for motorsports is legendary as were his acting skills, but boy am I gonna miss his sauce.
  3. Newman, like many of my childhood "icons" is gone.

Anyway, what's with the "sauce" comments? I'm sure that the charity will continue.
  4. Paul Newman has a huge range of pasta sauces, salda dressings and sundry other products. A large percentage of profits from these products were donated to various charities. I am sure that company wil continue.
    I only watched him in Harper on saturday afternoon on TV.
    He was married for 50 years to the same woman, a rarity in Holywood, that combined with his charity work speak volumes about him.
    Always sad to see one of teh good people go and one of the great actors.

Regards, Andrew.
  5. The word 'legend' is bandied about far too freely these days, but I couldn't be over-used when it comes to old Cool Hand Luke......
  6. He had a great life. Good on him.
  7. RIP Paul Newman.
  8. Ride on Into the sunset Paul
  9. Was listening to him voice the Doc Hudson character in Cars on Saturday evening.

A great talent lost but not forgotten.
  10. Oh thank God, coz the Ranch Dressing is amazing.
  11. R.I.P. Paul, you'll be missed!!

He was a hero of mine too, he was not just a great actor, he was a gun race car driver, he could also jump a bike over a prison fence, and make a mean pasta sauce too.

He is a true legend!!