Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RIP Lachie Thomas

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Kermie, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Damn. RIP
  2. Ride In Paradise
  3. Was horrible to read that news, so young with so much potential. RIP
  4. Tragic

No words

5. Can still hear his name being called by the commentators on Speedweek. Condolences to his family and friends. If there's a Valhalla for WSB's you'd be riding one. A real talent. RIP
  6. What a tragedy :'(

I had the pleasure of being on the track with him a couple of days ago. I was coming around T1 at Eastern Creek flat out and I saw him exiting the pits with brand new tyres to my left. He beat me to turn 2 despite my massive run up. By the time I got around turn 2 he was gone out of sight. Absolutely mind blowing. I went to the track the next day to watch and i saw their setup in the pits. I told him that exact story and he was very modest about it. I couldn't get over how young he was. It's awful to think he's gone..

7. Thanks Lachie.

• Like Like x 1
  8. "ozmotorcycleleathers, post: 2637759, member: 30972"]Thanks Lachie.

Top shot to remember him by
  9. My partner and I often have lunch at the restaurant he worked in, in Uralla and we would chat about racing etc...He was 'one of the good ones' as far as I am concerned and doing well in his class too...I don't mind telling you I've shed some tears....He will be missed....

Kobo :cool:
  10. What happened? Read something about a car accident? Was he on bike?