Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RIP Chuck.....

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by Funkmonkey, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Wasnt sure where to put this, but thought it would be good as a reminder for us riders.

3 weeks ago, one of 3 uncles of a very close friend of mine was involved in a motorcycle accident in Tasmania (I have known this uncle for years.... i had no idea he even rode a motorcycle). This uncle is now still in Intensive care after being airlifted to the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne. From the reports, it is very likely that he will never walk again after severely shattering both legs and his pelvis.

A week later, a second uncle of hers came off his motorcycle in Brisbane, my mates parents flew up to QLD to spend some time with him.

The second uncle died yesterday morning directly related to injuries sustained in the accident, and she is flying up for the funeral on Thursday.

Please people, for the rest of the summer, BE CAREFUL. It is always sad to see/hear about people coming off and hurting themselves, but for a close friend to have 2 of 3 uncles come off within a couple of weeks is a little freaky.

My heart and condolences go out to the families involved in this sad chapter.

Keep your eyes on the road guys.

The Funk.

2. Sorry to hear about this. My condolances to you, your close friend and her family and I hope the Uncle still under care pulls through better than expected - fingers crossed.

3. My condolences to you & your friends/family.

4. my condolences to you, your family and friends

5. Thanks guys i will pass on those messages.
    I guess its just a gentle reminder to remember your loved ones when youre out and about.

Happy trails

6. Bugger!
    Sorry to here mate.

Cam

7. That is very sad to hear - my heartfelt condolences.

As a Taswegian, if there is anything I can do to help a fellow biker who's in a spot of bother, please don't hesitate to let me know.