Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ringwood Rubber

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by NovaCoder, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Hi,

I normally get my tyres for PS in Ringwood but I remember someone said that the guys next door were cheaper, has anyone compared the two?

Also, I normally get Mitch Power’s (front and rear) but I’ve been thinking about going for a cheaper option, anyone got some advice on something cheaper but still reasonably sticky and long-lasting (Kwaky ZX6R, fast-road riding)?

The only thing I can think of is to put a Power on the front and a Sport on the back, the theory being that the front has a lower wear-rate and it's better to have a sticky front than a sticky back.

Thanx :D
  2. hey NOVA you could try SHINKO's the 05 rear and the 03 front, they will have as much if not more grip than the mitchies and should be a few dollars less.

dont know who supplies them in ringwood though
  3. I got my tires from Raven Racing in Croydon. Seemed pretty cheap, but give them a call on (03) 9723-4211. I got a bridgestone 012SS, which feels sticky, but not sure how much wear I'll get. The front was $170 fitted though.
  4. The discounts that Peter Steven Ringwood gave me were second to none. A few times when they didnt have stock they would grab them from next door.
  5. Just phoned them up, they are doing a deal on Dunlop 208's at the moment...could be the go :idea:

Do we get a Netrider discount there?
  6. Don't think so.

What sort of range were/are you getting from your Powers? Let us know how much you fork out this time too, if you could - trying to budget a little better for next bike! :p