Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rim/wheel cleaner

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by NinjaKid, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Hi,
    Just wondering on how to clean your rims, its pretty hard to come off im pretty sure most of it is chain lube and brake dust is that what you guys call it?
    Anyways, i searched on the forum somebody says wd40, chain cleaner, kero
    anyone tried those wheel cleaner? I know armorall has it
    Thanks guys

2. DO NOT use aforementioned oil-based liquids. These can easily get onto your tyres and cause a crash.

I use this stuff. It is very good.

3. i've used kero and a terry towel which turned out alright
  4. I use Shellite... good stuff.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I use FW1.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. +1 for the Motul Wheel Cleaner.

Ive tried things like degreaser and I actually had an accident that cost me 1k in repairs. No such issues with Motul but I still take it slowly after a wash. Spray it on, leave for 5 minutes then give it a scrub. Repeat as needed and rinse. Nice and shiny!
  7. soap and water
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. clean your bike/wheels more often and it wont be hard to remove.
    or use a chain lube that does not throw crap eveywhere .!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Oh ok ill be sure to grab them motul wheel cleaner, i might hv put on excess chain lube i use the motul chainl lube as well, i sprayed some wd 40 on some of the nuts on the chain guard they re hard to loosen i might take it slow for a bit some got on the wheels
  10. Hey guys since we r in the appearance forum, is it good to wax/polish your bike? I mean its a ninja 250 with all plastic n everything
  11. You sure can wax and polish it .

• Like Like x 3
  12. is that tyre gel?
  13. Nope
  14. Be careful with the polish, don't just use anything. I am using Repsol Cleaner and Polish to detail everything at the moment. I even use it to clean the rims just spray on to a towel and buffer off.
  15. i suppose anything that create a film on the rim would be good for repelling brake dust/lube
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Ill pick up that motul wheel cleaner seems legit to me, dayuummm thats one hot xr
  17. You do not have to use bike specific polish/wax etc.

Just make sure it's compatable with the surface you wish to use it on!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Have you tried the wash and wax from motul?
    Idk which one to pick up @_@
  19. Yes I have tried the was and wax.

I prefer the good old mr sheen in the red can.

I know a thing or two about detailing a bike!
  20. You still haven't come around to do mine yet Nick gsxr750Nick gsxr750 ?