Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rim needs rolling - Eastern Melbourne

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Garido, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Hi all,

Had an encounter with some missing bitumen a couple of weeks back and looking for a place in Eastern Melbourne where I can get my rim rolled. No loss of air or wobbly ride since it happened, but rather have it fixed.
    Went down to A1 today. They subbie it out and it will take 3 - 4 days to get done. Does anyone know a place in the East of Melbourne where I could get in done in a day by any chance?

2.  Top
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks mate. Had a look at their website before, as they were recommended by A1. Don't know though if they will dismantle the wheel, take the tyre off and do the rim, or if you have to rock up with the dismantled rim. Do you know?
    Been riding for a while now with the rim as it is, and never had any issues. Doesn't loose any air at all and riding doesn't feel any different. So I'm not in a hurry at the moment.

4. Heat it up some and bang it back in. Shouldn't be hard.

5. Don't know of any other outfits apart from neway. Know some folks who have used them though and the resilts are top notch

6. You could try a google search of "wheel repair melbourne", then call around... Some car wheel repair companies may do bike wheels too, and mist seem to sell tyres too, so presumably they can strip/fit them. OTOH, @MMMTS can strip/fit/balance the tyre for you.