Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Righteo, so who's gotten done in August?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by boingk, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Add me to the toll.

Coming back from a nice long ride and got whacked with a 10~20km/h over fine, which translates to $221 and 3 points. Shit.

I'm sure that everyone else thinks our freeways are total BS, but this is just insane... hell, go to Germany and the Autobahns have signs that state you cannot go below 120km/h! Our freeway standards would easily allow us to do something faster than a paltry 110km/h, especially seeing as we're one of the largest countries in the world.

So, $221 and 3 points. Shit.

- boingk
  2. dunno if its true but apparently there is a very low death toll on those german roads too.
    i might b wrong
  3. i got done yesterday but not on my bike.
    was in my work truck (10ton trayback), got stung by a wasp and the resulting lapse in concentration saw me drive off the side of a 7 foot high bridge into a spoon drain at about 80km/h (in a 100 zone), ripping the front axle off, twisting the deck (5mm plate steel surrounded by 60x40mm box section) and ripping the cabin off. cop examined me and admitted there was a welt, but had to charge me with something so it was failure to maintain control: $230 and i get to keep my only point.
    i should have been carted out in a black plastic bag, but i walked out with nothing more than a few sore bits and whiplash which weren't evident til today
  4. Yup, but they also have a far higher licensing standard than us.

I'm all for having higher limits, but there is no way it's going to work here for a list of reasons longer than the Hume, particularly not limits (or lack of) like they have on some roads in Germany.
  5. Nothing yet but I'm expecting a few after the unpleasant finding of information indicating several speed cameras along my route for the weekend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.