Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Right Now

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by pete the pom, Jan 14, 2006.

1. OK why are there people on this forum at 12.45am instead of doing other things. Surly we all cant be this sad a bunch of loosers.

I'll start......

Wife has gone out for the first time since the new baby was born. Sitting here looking after kids drinking beer and the cricket has now finished so net rider is the last activity left with out leaving the house.

What you doin????????????????

2. drinking beer after work..

3. i.d.g.a.f is one of the best alias's I've seen on any forum 10 out of 10 for oringality

Wheres work and what do you do?

4. Having a quiet one in lieu of a black spur ride tomorrow morning. And I'm stuffed from work so CBF having a big night out.

Justin.

5. i've been wonder the same thing the last few nights. personally i have a lot of sleepless nights. netriders has been a god-send. better than watching infomercials at all hours. anyway, tonight i came home from an exceptionally silly night out and thought i'd check emails and have some milk and cookies before bed.... and while i was at it, i just thought i'd have a quick peek to see what was going on here ... and then i started reading... and then i started typing... and now i'm still here... and i reaaalllly want to sleep... but the screen is mesmerising, and my fingers won't stop...and i can't tear myself away.... aaaaahhhhhhh....

6. I have noticed the past few nights you post very late. Do you need new batteries (See "ever had sex on a bike " post)

7. [quote="pete the pom]I have noticed the past few nights you post very late. Do you need new batteries (See "ever had sex on a bike " post)[/quote]
    hmmm, yeeesss. well i figure it's a learning curve, just like riding, and i'll learn to curb my tongue/fingers just in the nick of time in future...i hope... maybe...i just hate that that damn thread keeps coming back, like a bad curry, to haunt me... :facepalm:

8. hmmm, yeeesss. well i figure it's a learning curve, just like riding, and i'll learn to curb my tongue/fingers just in the nick of time in future...i hope... maybe...i just hate that that damn thread keeps coming back, like a bad curry, to haunt me... :facepalm:[/quote]

I know. The post I put up about the chick with the weired pubic hair has had me laughing out loud every time I think about it. Ahhhh good times were had in that she though.

Arrrrrr shit the baby monitor just went off. Back in a tick..........

9. ever since new years, id been having weird sleeping habits.
    Go to bed at 7am, get up at 5 pm or so.... so this is when I normally check netrider.

PS supermartets that close at midnight or earlier suck.

10. good move. i actually need to be up early so will leave you to it. thanks for the company. hope to put a face to the name one day. though i have to say the anonymity is nice too. cheers for now, goodnight.

11. see u carri hello eswen

12. yeah like normally you would be at a rave or something ... NOT!!! :p

As for me, just got back from an imprompteu ride to Portsea stopping at Sorrento and Rye carnival on the way back ... accidently did a possibly dodgy right hand turn lane, lane split in front of cop car but luckily they didn't bat an eyelid ... anyone know if that is actually illegal in Vic?

13. work is the norville hotel in toowoomba, qld

and im an apprentice chef.

yourself ?

14. Half your luck, drinking beer after work. I'm still at work!

15. trying to find out how much is left on the credit card so we can hire a car while in sydney.. Bloody internet bakning isnt working grrrr

16. You know my nickname is pacman... ;)

Pills and powders certainly aren't my style, neither is a room full of people whose style is pills and powders, so no, no rave for me :)

Feel like drinks after the spur tomorrow night? I'm a roman sandal at the moment :p

Justin.

17. You coming to Sydney Lizzy? When, and are you passing through Wollongong, and if not, why not?? :LOL:

Hi Justin

Carri, this IS addictive, but you can give up any time {yeah, right....}

18. if your at work and posting on a computer im guessing you do something in an office/callcenter thing.

offices and callcenters have airconditioning.

i work in 45-55 degree heat 14 hours a day, cooking food for other people over a deepfryer with 200 degree oil. a 500 degree stovetop burner and a 300 degree oven. all going in a room the size of your bathroom.
    and do it all for $8 an hour.

count yourself lucky your at work ;)

19. Have a guess why, after 17 years in the trade, I gave up catering??

20. smart move my man.

i love my job, its my passion in life, but i hate all the crap that comes along with it.

im only a first year apprentice but have been in kitchens since i was 18 months old (my dad's a chef). and have alot more knowledge than your average first year.

in 2 weeks im signing off on my 4 year apprenticeship. (iv finished it in 9 months) done the hours, done the TAFE. done the skills.

looking at starting in real estate....yet another shiny piece of paper (after my motorbike L's of course :wink: )