Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Right boot getting dirty

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by quantum27, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Hi Everyone,

Just recently got my new VTR250, and riding everyday. But I've noticed that my right boot is getting dirtier than my left. I'm trying to figure out why that is. Whether it's the heat coming off the engine, or something to that nature.

Has anyone had any experience whether this is something normal?

2. Hi .. and Welcome to NR :biker:
    I haven't noticed any difference in mine.
    Try swapping left to right, or just wash your right boot more often :?
  3. Exhaust leak near your boot perhaps??
  4. See, I am still trying to figure out which posts are pulling my (right/left or both) leg, and which ones require a serious answer.

50:50 shot here!
  5. my left gets more worn that the right due to the gear lever, but I have no idea why the right would get dirtier.
  6. Chain lube getting flung out that side? Maybe the guard blocks it on the left.
  7. Oil leak or breather discharge that's too small to notice but produces a fine mist that adds up over time?
  8. You're keeping the left one clean polishing it on the numberplate?
  9. Oh snap!
  10. I find that my mind gets dirtier as i ride past sexy ladies..

is there a polish for this?

11. my right foot peg vibrates and my left one doesn't
  12. I think you'll find its brake pad dust from the single right side front disc. Good thing those things aren't made of asbestos any more.
  13. Never owned anything but drums or twin discs so this didn't occur to me. However, it sounds very plausible considering the amount of crap that comes off brakes.

Will shortly (2-3 months) be riding a new single-disc bike across Australia so I will observe with interest and report back. If remember :? .
  14. Yep, there is a polish for it, and I reckon you are doing it right now.
  15. Left one first.
  16. I'm suprised no one has made a 'my middle leg is...." comment?!?