Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding with the enemy - bike rider rided with bike cops

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Kaer, May 7, 2005.

1. Sorry if posted before, did a search and couldn't find it.

Article about a british guy riding with the motorcycle cops over there. Interesting read.

2. I got to admit. Being able to throw the switch for the siren on a bike, or a car for that matter, and just going for it would be an awesome rush.

The number of times I've been travelling a lonely highway and sat there wishing I could throw the throttle open without fear I would not like to count.
  3. Nice read, an intresting comment made though,
    I wonder if the same applies here in good old Oz
  4. great read .
  5. My mate is a cop and while we don't ride like idiots it certainly is more fun riding with a cop. You don't worry so much about cameras and stuff you pretty much just enjoy the ride.
  6. That was a rather awesome piece of writing.
  7. Noticed that too - and I'd say no. Another thing that doesn't apply here, and is clearly far too sensible for Aussie roads (or perhaps just Vic roads?):

That's more than 16km/h over the speed limit, in what is our equivalent residential 50km/h area. Could you ever imagine a cop ignoring you doing 66km/h in a 50km/h zone? Not bloody likely, regardless of conditions. :p :evil: