Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding... the best medicine

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Reido, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Hey Guys, Just thought I’d share an awesome realization I had over the weekend.

I was lucky enough to do 3 glorious days on the bike around the great ocean road near Lorne. Have only had my street triple foe 1.5 months.

The wife drove down to Lorne from Melbourne and I was on the bike. Crap thing is I had a bad cold on the day we left and for the entire 3 days! (still do). Was considering not riding and just jumping in the car with the mrs, but thought “what would the triumph want me to do”?!! besides I wasn’t giving up the opportunity to put some quality Km’s on the bike.

My point is, as crap as I was feeling (ie the normal flu like stuff), it all seemed to disappear when I was riding! Every time I jumped on that bike the nose cleared, the sinuses stopped hurting and my energy came back full pelt! And like clockwork started feeling like s**t again when I dismounted and kicked back at the Lorne house.

I think this is what a true passion is…. When I’m on the bike, nothing else matters… I don’t worry about anything else in life and I feel like a million bucks.

Even after the 2.5 hour ride home before (albeit my back was getting pretty sore) pulling into the garage at 6pm, I could have turned the triple right around and headed back to Lorne.
    Who’s with me?!! :dance:

2. Hypochondriacs?

Nah, just kidding. A good ride is as good as a Vics vapour drop. It clears the nose, and soothes the throat.
    Does wonders for my protruding disc as it encourages the use of core muscles.
  3. great ocean road?!!!

4. I'm with you. There are many in and under roads around that area waiting to be discovered by you.