Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding Solo to the top of the World (DVD)

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by vic, Mar 2, 2009.

1. http://www.dirttrackproductions.com/ridingsolo.html

I was fortunate enough to be sent a copy of the above mentioned DVD.

I watched it in full and must say that I was very impressed by the video.

Riding Solo... is a film about filmmaker Gaurav Jani's solo motorcycle journey from Mumbai to one of the remotest places in the world, the Changthang Plateau in Ladakh, bordering China. As a one-man film unit, he astonishes you, filming the landscape he passes by and the people he interacts with, capturing moments of beauty, pain, love, hardship, self doubt and spiritual triumphs.
    I would recommend the DVD to anyone that has any interest in motorcycles, videography and India.
    I dip my helmet to Guarav's bravery, determination and skills on getting this DVD on the market.

9/10 from me.

2. A must watch film

I too saw this film it was just great, definitely Gaurav has put in so much effort. Some scenes and places he has been are simply amazing.

I have done some rides in a lot more decent areas close to where he has been, and that ride was tough ... what Gaurav has come up with is way ahead.

watch this video guys ...
  3. faarrk that, just watched the 8 minute clip on his site, glad its him and not me
  4. And the best part for me was looking at some of the places I will be riding in when I GO THERE IN JULY!

Took the easy way out - and booked on the Ferris wheels tour.
    Only 98 days till I go - cant wait. been waiting forever for the days to roll on by.

Roads are definitely suss, but scenery is to die for.