Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding, Running....and Cancer Research

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by davidk, Mar 11, 2016.

1. #1 davidk, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    Hi all,

The other thing that I love to do when not out on and about on the bike is to go for a run....
    I discovered running only a few years ago and now it is an important part of my life....it keeps me fit and helps me tune out of the world around me. After a run is over my body is (well it feels like it anyway!) full of endorphins bouncing around...which is exactly how I feel after I have been for a ride and got most of the corners right! :)
    Its a natural high and very addictive...

Anyway...another subject that I have strong feelings for (for completely different reasons) is cancer. I am sure that we all know (or know of) someone who is affected by this terrible thing.
    It has certainly affected me over the last few years with the loss of family members and close friends...and still it goes on.

So for the Run Melbourne event this July I am going to try to raise some money for the Peter Mac Cancer Centre....we need a cure found!
    If you would like to make a contribution I have added a link to my donation page, every little bit helps, you would be doing something completely awesome and helping to make a difference! (and hey you would probably get a few endorphins too!)

Thank you :)

everydayhero: Run Melbourne 2016
    • Like Like x 1