Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding position for CBF250?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by shazzam, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Can someone help me out with is? Usually if I'm riding under 70 I'll be super close to the tank and upright. Over that I get my butt back and lean forward which feels more comfortable at those speeds. Do I need to interchange between positions or do I pick one and stick with it?

2. what you are doing is right. slower speeds you will have optimum control nice and close to the tank, grip with thighs. higher speeds you are making yourself more streamlined to the machine. less buffeting from headwinds. keep your elbows in too, helps.

you don't 'need' to change positions. but in time will notice how subtle changes of your positioning have subtle effects on the bikes handling and use to your advantage.
  3. It's important to be comfortable moving around on the bike. Later on, you'll be moving a lot. So get used to varying positions on the bike. The two you mention here are quite normal, and it sounds like you are doing them correctly.

Be wary of becoming too sedentary. Plonked in the one place all the time is no good to you. Ie. you see a pothole coming too late to avoid it..since you are already riding on the balls of your feet, raise your backside up, so it is light in the seat, and your legs are supporting most of your weight. It makes a big difference to the bike, and the suspension won't cop a a big wack, which could damage the bike or send you flying.

In short, don't just sit there, ride proactively and be engaged with what the bike is doing or trying to do, and help each other.