Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding position and adjustments

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Polowski, Jul 16, 2008.

1. After watching my brother set up a road bike (the pedal kind :LOL: ) for one of his athletes, with the adjustments, measurements, and attention to detail in terms of the correct position on the bike, it got me thinking about the motogp riders and road racers and of the adjustments they make to their bikes depending on their height, weight etc.

How would I go about learning about these adjustments? Do they even do this?

Where would I start? I dont need you to school me in here if you don't feel like it - but if you could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.
  2. Most experienced riders will set their bike up to suit them if there is adjustment available on their particular bike. (usually is)
    Particularly suspension (adjustment of pre-tension and damping), clip-ons and levers (for comfort/feel), footpegs (by fitting adjustable rear-sets), screens, brakes (usually braideded lines for better feel)....etc...

There is ALOT of information on this site about all of this stuff, otherwise start hunting through magazines or better still...GOOGLE it.