Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding Leathers For The Taller Blokes.............

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ricohard, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Any recommendations for a suit for track day use, im 6'3" and lanky so after checking sizes online for spidi and dainise things dont look promising :(

2. Depending on your budget you might be better off just going with something custom made. This place is supposed to be very good (and Australian):
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers, will check it out
  4. Depending on your location i would go with Gimoto or tiger angle, i wear a gimoto suit because i am too skinny and with much too long appendages to fit into any of the off the rack shit unless i want my sleeves to finish on my forearm and have enough room for twice as much leg in the pants etc.

To be honest tiger angle is not what it used to be (change of owners), and their patterns are dated. I would go with gimoto simply because they are the only people who will do you a custom made suit to full world class specification with all the latest research and design into suit construction. I would say its worth the trip to sydney for it, and especially at this time they are less busy as the USA and europe has finished the riding season.

Im pretty sure i did a review of my gimoto suit, go check it out in the review section, you might have to dig its a year old at least.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tall, slim men in leather - this thread needs pics. For the OP's benefit, of course.
  6. I have the same problem, don't even bother with off the shelf solutions (I did, waste of monies).
  7. Luckly for me the guys at MCAS laughed when they saw me in a suit and said mate custom or nothign.
  8. I am 6'2 and more on the Rubenesque side of the spectrum but I wear a M2R 2 pcs suit and it fits really well.

Would like to thank our sponsors the ADRA for forcing 1pc suits, and ebay for bringing me a brand new suit for under $250. YAY!