Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding in Cold Wet Weather

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Jez79, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Hi All, I ride a 99 gsxr 600 and have noticed something the last couple of times I have been stuck on the freeway at night. Both times have been cold and one night there was some drizzle. Basically, I would be doing 100 in either 4th or 5th or 6th (engine revving between 4 and 8k) and every now and then, when I go to accelerate, the engine would stutter a bit as though it wasn't firing and then after gently accelerating would come back to life.. Is this a bike problem or just nasty weather conditions. No problems from 0-80 in 1st, 2nd and 3rd etc.. My idea is something to do with cold damp air being forced into the chambers via the SRAD design. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. J.

2.  Top
  3. That's exactly what it sounds like, thank you for the insight..

Don't know if i like the idea of deliberately heating the engine more though especially when you get to traffic..

4.  Top