Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding in a bus lane

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by topher, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys,

i have search google for the past half hour, spoken with both vic police and vic roads to determine the following.

Are their penalties points for riding in a bus lane? The police officer is sending the ticket out via mail, unfortunately i dont have an offence code.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.
    https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=78746

2. I had a stormtrooper tell me he was sending me a ticket in the mail --- that was 15 years ago - it still has not arrived

3. RR 154
    A driver (except of a public bus) must not drive in a bus lane unless the driver is permitted to drive in the bus lane under Rule158.

Penalty 2 penalty units.

RR158 concerns entering / leaving the road, overtaking, turning left etc.

4. If it's the offence that tramp said, which it should be, the fine is $117 and no demerit points.

5. Hi guys,

there is nothing special about the offence. I was riding in the bus lane on hoddle street in melbourne. I have looked through the dermit points list on Vic roads and it appears there aren't any points for it.

Thanks for your help!

6. come to Sydney, riding in the bus lane is allowed :)

7. yes, and we have 10% speeding tolerance.....aaaah sydney, a great place ( without footpath parking ) :LOL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.