Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding Gear Available from Grays Auctions

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by forester_neil, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Came across this today - it may be worth a look for those looking for some gear, and some other bits and pieces: (PS no affiliation etc etc etc)

Rjays, Draggin jeans and lots more going for good prices so far. Auction ends on 21 February.

2. Lotsa gear there, be curious to know where it all came from...
  3. I haven't had too many good experiences with these guys......and double check that you are actually getting a good deal, its not uncommon for things to actually sell for far more than you can get it from the local shop even before you factor in their other charges.

Be aware of the 12.5% buyers premium and make sure you are sitting down when you look at the postage and handling charges.....factor these in before you bid. Also ensure that your credit card details are current or they will reneg on any auction you win without contacting you either to get the correct details or tell you that the auction will not go through and the goods will then either be sent back or put up in the next auction.

And good luck if any of the goods prove faulty and you don't respond within the 3 day period.

Buyer beware! For me that meant deleting my account with them.
  4. It will be a repossession or bankruptcy sale of store stock. Grays do lots of stuff like that. I've bought quite a bit of stuff off them in the past from cheap stuff to quite expensive (000's) but as was said you need to have done your research to know if you are getting a good deal or not. I've never had a problem with them though in any regard even on the odd occasion when bits have been missing or something. Its not uncommon for stupid people to pay well over RRP on auctions for things there... i have no idea why they do?!
  5. "A fool and his money are soon parted."

I was bidding for a item on ebay that was listed there a few times in the same store, some as auction and some for $150 buy it now.

So I tried the auction and dropped out at $149, people kept bidding after that point and it eventually sold for about $180.

I used the buy it now option for $150 from the same site, something about wanting to win an auction drives some people a bit crazy.

6. i use grays for wine/spirits sales.

never had an issue.

never looked into bike wears etc.

will check the sale.
  7. Can the relevant mod lock this thread please as we already have an existing thread on this.