Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding for temperance

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Bravus, Apr 12, 2008.

1. I like a cold one (or several) as much as the next bloke, but never drink and ride. So at any given time, if I have a drink it means I'm done riding for the day. Which, given how much fun riding is, tends to keep me from starting at all most days. ;)

2. I'm the same.

Cracking the first one is a joyous occasion usually, but marred by the fact you can't ride again that day.

Best to slam down the first and be onto the second before you get upset.
  3. :oops: I can't say I'm the same.
    However I do have my limit if I need to ride. One drink. thats it.
    Anymore and I don't ride. In summer I'd have one beer after work then 30 min later I'd ride home.
  4. Yup, I have the same problem. Except I'm on P's, so i have no choice. Not that i would even consider drinking and riding. I tend to feel a little stranded when I'm drinking because i can't just jump on and go.
  5. i gave up gunja years ago and started drinking more to compensate.now that im riding again ive managed to cut down on alcohol considerably coz i wont drink if i wanna ride.
    see,riding is good for your health! :dance:
  6. no drinkin and driving/riding for me
    i'm on my Pee's
  7. +1. Very rarely drink anymore.
  8. Being a hopeless drinker (one glass I'm anyone's, two glasses I'm everyone's and three glasses I'm no-one's because no-one would want me by that stage) there is no way I would/could drink and ride. I wouldn't even be able to get the bike off the stand after one glass. :shock:
  9. I always seem to ride that little bit better after a drink :grin:
    well, it feels that way :beer:
  10. Lips that touch wine shall never touch mine.
  11. I witnessed one bloke get a podium finish at a national level race, and then he got the sobering up hangover a few hours later. :shock:
  12. If I am driving I count my drinks to stay under the limit.

If I am riding I don't drink. Hell, if I can fall off sober what chance do I have after a drink or two?
  13. I don't mind a couple of beers if I'm out, but riding most places has pretty much confined me to 3 or 4 drinks in a night unless I've got a lift.
  14. We'll have to fix that :cool:
  15. when I get my full licence in two months time, i have every intention of celebrating with two shots of Jameson and going for a ride.
    for no other reason than because i can
  16. I can't touch anything until I'm 28... that's when I'll have a full license.

Kids, get your Ps when you turn 18. It'll save you on insurance when you turn 25 and buy a bike :)
  17. +1
  18. Just think- if you've had a drink and have an acco- the insurance co and coppers will be on you like white on rice. What if you're banged up enough to warrant being in hospital for an extended period... you'd have to fork out the dosh out of your own pocket.
    Moral of the story: Don't drink and ride/drive. Period.
  19. I will knock back one or two, but ther eis no way I will ride if i feel "Under the weather" at all. So well bellow the .05. And that is just for getting from point A to Point B. if i am going to go for a serios ride .00 is the way to go.