Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

riding family

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by jphanna, May 7, 2013.

1. #1 jphanna, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
    he had mentioned it from time to time since 2010.....but last night my son told me he has paid for the Ridersafe course to get his L plates. He has told me what he wants, Honda or Kawaski sporty looking mbike, and we are now wheeling and dealing with Pstevens for a Kawaski 300.

soon it will be me, wife and son riding together i hope. any other 'riding families' out there?
  2. Yep, me, my wife, our eldest son (the youngest pillions with me). In fact our eldest has had a riders licence for 6 years now, but has only just been bothered to get his drivers licence.
  3. My dad used to race side cars in the dirt when he was in his teens and 20s.
    My brother has ridden both dirt and road bikes but never bothered to get a licence.
    My sister got her licence when she was about 20.
    I got my licence a couple of years ago.
    My son got his last year.
    My daughter is about to get her learners in a month or so.
    My daughter's boyfriend rides dirtbikes
    Two days ago, my mum told me she wants to get a scooter.
    And my partner rides as well.

So that's me, my mum, dad, brother, sister, son, daughter, daughter's boyfriend and my boyfriend. I think it's in the blood!
  4. You win @razorcat, nice bike choice for the lad first up JP.
  5. Oh we are going to include extended family. My grandfather rode motorcycles in WW1, my dad rode BSA's Gold Stars in the 40's and 50's. My sister rides, both her ex husbands ride. My mother-in-law (the biatch) rode scooters in England in the late 50's early 60's. 3 of my cousins ride (or rode) bikes in England.
  6. Ok Mick we better make it "current" otherwise I'm going to bring my ol great gran pappy and his 1895 Hildebrand & Wolfm├╝ller motorcycle .

7. Indeed.

I must confess though, that my grandfather didn't ride motorcycles by choice, the Army made him do it.
  8. My parents used to ride and so did my uncles, aunties and grand parents...but that's expected, they came from Vietnam :p. My Dad did a bit of riding in Germany until my older brother was born and from what I know, no one else started to ride until my cousin and myself got our learners. So currently myself and 3 cousins are the only riders in the family in Australia. My 2 year old nephew is starting to like motorcycles, he watches the MotoGP and SBKs with me...future rider I think!
  9. Nope, just me...

That is my Dad got his licence during his time at the army, but never rode since. He was really keen on having a look at my bike when he came to Australia to visit me though!
    My Mum and my older sister would never ever swing their leg over a bike. My little sister and I got our 50 cc licence with 16 and each rode a little scooter for 2 years until we finished highschool and moved away. She has never gotten her bike licence - and I only got mine a year ago and have before that never ridden a 'real' bike, only pillioned when I once had a boyfriend who rode.
  10. Just me. Though, Dad has had his licence since 17 & hasn't had a bike for almost 10 years. I'm heading to Melbourne with him on Thursday to pick his new bike up!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I ride, my hubby rides, and our eldest son just got his licence and bike a month ago.