Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding can solve many problems

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by robbie55, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Been having trouble for many years getting IT to fix issues at my work and have always been given the line "its difficult", "there are lots of other urgent matters to attend to" and "it will take some time".

Recently though one of the IT guys noticed me parking my bike out the front of the building and we started chatting bikes, turns out he's been riding for years and another guy there has recenlty got his licence. All of a sudden any IT issue I've asked to have addressed is being dealt with almost immediately.

I think I'll refer to it as the bike mafia.
  2. Hah, I work on an IT Service Desk, and it certainly does help if you're friendly :p
    When we're legitimately busy (read, swamped) and the phone is impossible to answer, those who end up complaining to management about our 'poor service' are of course the ones who never get their 'urgent' crap dealt with 'urgently'.
    On the other hand, I'll go out of my way to help someone if they've always been nice and patient.
    Also, our entire IT team, minus our boss, are motorcyclists.
  3. Definitely be nice to the IT crowd.
  4. all the most intel ligent people are motorcyclists....
  5. Hey can you come and work for my companies IT Department. They don't seem to understand the difference between a slow network connection and a server issue...asshats.
  6. It IS rather heartwarming sometimes, when the ol' fraternal' instincts kick in.

Usually being a biker means standing at the end of a cue, being the last one to get ya beer at the pub, etc. One tends to get used to doors slamming in ya face.
    Sometimes though, it can open doors you didn't even know existed.

Glad these blokes are looking out for a fellow rider. :)
  7. It keeps me sane.